This Limestone Celtic Cross Monument by sculptor A. P. Sharp and architect James Franklyn Fuller.
Fuller was an Architect, Historian, Genealogist and Novelist who was born in Nedanone near Castlecove, Co. Kerry and grew up in Glashnacree House near Sneem. His work includes, The Parknasilla Hotel (Sneem), The Park Hotel (Kenmare), Ashford Castle (Mayo), Farmleigh House (Phoenix Park Dublin), Kylemore Abbey (Galway) to name, but a few.
The cross was erected in 1889 by neighbours and friends of James Butler of Waterville House, (1817- 1887), who was an agent for the Hartopp Estate and had been a land agent in Cork. He was also a very close friend of T J Wilmot the second superintendent of the Commercial Cable Company.